Friday, 6 March 2015

Reading and relaxing

 
I was intrigued by this book on a recent visit to my local library. I love Jane Austen's novels and have read several sequels by modern authors, but thought that this one would be particularly interesting, as it is the original sequel to Pride and Prejudice and other Austen novels and was written just over a hundred years ago. There are several characters from Pride and Prejudice, the main two being Mr Darcy and his wife Elizabeth ( née Bennet), as well as several from Austen's other novels.
I have only read a few chapters thus far, but as I have decided to take it easy and enjoy a relaxing weekend, I plan to do a fair amount of reading.

I have been doing a bit of knitting in the evenings during the past week, so have finished the back and sleeves of my current WIP, a teddy bear's sweater. This afternoon I'll be casting on the front, so that I'll have something to work on while watching TV this evening, as I can never just sit and watch a DVD without knitting.

Like most working women, I find that I can only go to the hairdresser or have a manicure and pedicure on weekends, not to mention shopping or going to the library, so my Saturday mornings are usually taken up with one or more of these activities. The past week at work has been incredibly busy and really exhausting, so I decided to just take it easy this weekend. I did go out briefly this morning to have my eyebrows waxed, but as that only involved a ten minute walk to the home of the beauty therapist, it didn't take up too much of my time and was something that I really had to do.

Apart from doing a bit of laundry and cleaning, I have had quite an easy morning and after a late lunch, I plan to spend the afternoon listening to an audiobook and doing some knitting - not very exciting, but certainly relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment