Saturday, 18 April 2015

A change of plan

I frogged the sleeveless pullover I'd been working on and decided to use the yarn for another project. The yarn is Ashford Tekapo 8ply, but it's definitely thicker than a standard 8ply yarn and when I did a search on Ravelry I discovered that it's actually the same thickness as a 10 ply yarn.
I found a pattern for a top down cardigan on the Knitty website and it's been in my Ravelry queue for several years. It's called Mr Greenjeans and is a very popular design, but I was quite wary of attempting it. I'd never knitted a top down garment before, so I would look at it every so often and then shake my head, as I was convinced that I would never be able to do manage it.

I sat down and read though the pattern carefully before casting on and so far I am managing quite well and am quite excited about knitting my very first top down garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment