Friday, 30 October 2015

A bit of inspiration

I have been really inspired by some of my fellow knitters on Ravelry, as well as those who upload regular podcasts on You Tube, which I enjoy watching. Not only are these very talented people great knitters, most of them are really good at sewing, as well.
Knitting is my favourite needlecraft, but I do enjoy sewing and there was a time when I made many of my own clothes. Last summer I made a couple of casual dresses which I wear at home on hot days, but during the past winter I have been doing a lot of knitting and have not used my sewing machine for months.
Last night I was listening to the latest Truly Myrtle podcast and was so inspired when I heard Libby talking about her latest sewing projects, that I went out and bought some fabric this morning.


I  went to Spotlight and bought this Japanese Lawn which I will be using to make myself a pair of casual summer trousers for weekend wear.

I also bought some fat quarters in various shades of pink:


I enjoy hand sewing and will be using this fabric to make some patchwork hexagons which I will then join together to make a couple of mats for the round tables in my craft room. I have a few sets of these patchwork mats which I made many years ago, but none of them is very large, so this time I'll be making them much larger.



No comments:

Post a Comment