Friday, 1 January 2016

New year, new project

I have a small collection of teddy bears and they have jumpers which I have knitted for them, but I have not knitted any dolls clothes for years. I am a member of the Unofficial English Woman's Weekly group on Ravelry and their January KAL involves knitting an outfit for a doll. The only dolls I have are a ragdoll and a small Chinese doll, which already has a knitted outfit, so I went out and got myself this gorgeous Everything Emma baby doll.



At first I felt a bit silly, shopping for a doll at my age, but then I thought about knitters on Ravelry who have American Girl dolls and told myself not to be so silly! I then spent a bit of time looking for a suitable pattern and this is what I found:



The pattern calls for 4 ply (fingering weight) baby wool and as I didn't have any in my stash, I went to Spotlight and bought some Patons Big Baby 4 ply, as well as some really cute heart shaped buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment