Tuesday, 26 April 2016

April update

I had a week's leave at the beginning of April and since then have been really busy at work, so this month has gone very quickly for me.

On the knitting front, I cast on my current project, a Mr Greenjeans cardigan, on 7 April and have been spending some enjoyable hours working on it either while listening to audiobooks or watching DVDs. Series five of Call The Midwife has not yet been screened on TV in New Zealand, but I was able to buy the DVD online and spent a weekend 'binge watching' all the episodes, with my knitting in my hands and a cup of tea beside me.

As Monday was Anzac Day, we had a long weekend and DH and I managed to catch up on some chores. He cleaned the oven and I got all my ironing up to date, which was very time consuming and resulted in a rather sore back, but it was a relief to get it all done.

I also spent the Saturday afternoon doing some sewing, as my son had bought a pair of jeans which needed hemming and a pair of shorts which had a torn pocket, so I put on my audiobook and got stuck in!

The weather has been quite mild, but there is a chill in the air now, so I have been unpacking and washing most of my winter clothes, with the exception of my thicker jumpers and cardigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment