Sunday, 19 June 2016

WWKIP Day 2016

The knitting group which I used to belong to and attended regularly while  I was doing temp work meets on Tuesday mornings, so when I started my permanent job in July 2014, I was no longer able to go to the meetings. Last year they had their WWKIP Day on a weekday and I missed out, but this year it was held on Saturday, so I decided to go along and catch up with them.

The meeting was held in a local library and many of the regular members of the group were there, busily knitting scarves and hats for the Auckland City Mission, a charity which looks after homeless people. Given that I hadn't been to any meetings for so long, I just took along my current WIP, an Irish Hiking Scarf neck warmer.

I spent an enjoyable couple of hours chatting and knitting and then went to have some lunch before heading for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment