Saturday, 29 October 2016

Special gifts


I participated in a yarn swap on Ravelry ;it was my first one and I thoroughly enjoyed putting together a parcel to send to my swap partner in Australia. She sent me this lovely parcel which arrived yesterday and really made my day! The skein of yarn on the left is one of her own hand dyed skeins, which is very special and the one on the right is a lovely soft skein of Australian hand spun yarn. It's called Bunny Mink and is 70% longhaired mink and 30% angora; as it's so deliciously soft, I think it will be ideal for a scarf or cowl. I am planning to use the pretty hand dyed yarn for a pair of socks, but have not yet decided which pattern to use.

I sent my swap partner two skeins of New Zealand made sock wool and a few mini skeins called Poppets, as well as two bars of Whittaker's chocolate and a pretty scarf. I was a bit worried as to whether my swap partner would be happy with the gifts I chose for her, given that we don't know one another personally, but she sent me a message and said that she was very pleased with her package.



No comments:

Post a Comment